05 April 2010

0882--Day 2 - reality sets in

First of all, thanks to those who emailed - your thoughts are (mostly) very much appreciated, though if you want to annoy me with stories of 9-course tasting menus, Easter eggs, roasts or steak, I'd probably wait until later in the event.

Next a kit update. Turns out that the ThermoRest NeoAir is indeed as fragile as they say. I ended up binning mine last night after it developed a very slow puncture and I was unwilling to use all my water to find it. Nights will be less comfortable. Also, my gaiters need a bit of extra superglue.

It turns out Day 1 was a gentle induction session. Today was hotter I think. I'm actually enjoying the running, but that's because running means I'm on flat rather terrain rather than stony ground, sand, steep hills etc. Today had not a lot of the former, and a lot of walking was required. The 'highlight' was the ascent of what looked like a massive sheer cliff, against which the wind had piled up a load of sand. Brutal, and still 5 days left.

-----------------------------
N'utilisez pas la fonction "REPONDRE", l'envoi de message se fait uniquement par le Site Web Darbaroud.com !!! MERCI
ATLANTIDE ORGANISATION INTERNATIONALE
-----------------------------
Don't use "REPLY TO", mails are only sent via the Darbaroud.com Website !!!THANKS
ATLANTIDE ORGANISATION INTERNATIONALE

No comments:

Post a Comment