21 December 2009

Tignes


I was a bit apprehensive as Rob and I headed off to Tignes due to my pig 'flu-related fitness problems but it turned out that I was able to deal with a bit of pre-Xmas skiing fine. There wasn't a great deal of fresh snow but it was very cold indeed (I reckon down to -20C at times up the mountain) so the pistes had a good covering.

We managed a morning with a guide late in the week via Rob's mate Giles, a very nice bloke who works for the Development Centre. The exceptionally friendly and, frankly, awesome Nicko gave us a bit of light instruction whilst somehow managing to find some pretty decent powder - the photo on the right was taken after a 10 minute walk from the top of the Tommeuses chair, before a very pleasant ski down into the Vallée Perdue.

All in all, the trip was a decent way to begin like I'm regaining my fitness. I obviously need to start running properly again but it was nice to get a bit of physical activity under my belt. Hopefully the current cold snap in London won't last too long, as the icy pavements aren't going to be very helpful...

3 comments:

  1. 7/10 Good effort.


    P.S.
    Thanks for the flowers XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look like some awesome planks - what are they?
    Also, where are my flowers you b@stard?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dynastar Big Trouble 2006s - http://www.ski-review.com/content/view/195/30/ - they were old but a lot of fun, a bit like me.

    Have another baby.

    ReplyDelete